The in-kind donations we receive from our generous supporters help keep our services running. The easiest way to donate items is to order straight from our Amazon Wish List, which we update regularly to reflect our needs.
We'd like to thank you for thinking of us and are grateful to the community for helping us to help them.
How to donate items
Our needs and what we can take varies depending on time of year and storage available. It’s always a good idea to check our required items list below first to see what’s currently needed and then get in touch to arrange a drop off – especially if it’s a large donation, so we can make sure someone is available to assist you and of course keep to the governments social distancing recommendations.
Updated 15/06/20: Amidst the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic - the below drop off locations and times may vary.
Always call ahead of making any in-kind donations to York Road Project so that a member of the team can best advise.
Our list of items accepted and not accepted at this time is below. If you have any questions or queries please get in touch.
|HG Wells Conference Centre|
Church St E, Woking GU21 6HJ
*Access via 4th floor footbridge
in Victoria Way carpark
The Prop (Day Centre)30 Goldsworth Road, Woking GU21 6JT
|Limited Staff||Please call|
What to donate (Last updated: 15/06/20)
Groceries – these are the items we're currently most in need of.
- Bottled Water
- Single Packets of Crisps
- Individually wrapped biscuits and/or snack items
- Small UHT milk pots
Clothing – We are currently not accepting clothing donations at the moment due to storage restrictions. We'd like to thank you for thinking of us at this time.
Personal Hygiene / Wellbeing -
- Shaving foam
- Nail clippers
- Tangle Teezers
For our shelter / move-on accommodation – Where clients are still in support of services from York Road Project:
- Pillows (For hygiene reasons we can only accept new/un open)
Additional items may be specific to the properties and listed on our Amazon wish list.
For permanent / new accommodation – Where clients may be moving into a permanent housing solution and/or where York Road Project may acquire any new properties for move-on use:
- Starter Kits that include (tin opener, potato masher, spoons etc)
- Pots & Pans (in good condition) for clients moving on into permanent accommodation
What not to donate
Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we currently have enough of the following:
- Pot noodles
- Jars of instant coffee
- Bottles of squash
- Pulses e.g. lentils, chickpeas
- Second-hand bedding, towels
While we appreciate all offers of donations, please note that we can’t accept the following:
- Inappropriate clothing e.g. suits, eveningwear
- Poor quality second-hand clothing or shoes
- Second-hand underwear, socks, vests
- Second-hand men's clothing in sizes XL+
- Second-hand women's clothing in sizes L+
- Hand-knitted items e.g. jumpers, scarves, gloves
- Non-weatherproof or damaged sleeping bags
- Mattresses, duvets, pillows, blankets, tents
- Furniture incl. beds, white goods/electronics
- Second-hand glassware, crockery, kitchenware
- Children’s clothing, toys, buggies, equipment
- Alcoholic drinks (unless for a fundraising prize)
There are a variety of reasons we might have to decline a donation offer, including limited storage space, health concerns and fire safety regulations. We therefore really appreciate your understanding when discussing potential in-kind donations.
Let us know if you have a question about donating items such as groceries or clothing.