The in-kind donations we receive from our generous supporters help keep our services running. The easiest way to donate items is to order straight from our Amazon Wish List, which we update regularly to reflect our needs.
How to donate items
Our needs and what we can take varies depending on time of year and storage available. It’s always a good idea to check our wish list first to see what’s currently needed and then get in touch to arrange a drop off – especially if it’s a large donation, so we can make sure someone is available to assist you.
|Day Centre 'The PROP'|
30 Goldsworth Road, Woking GU21 6JT
Night Shelter1 York Road, Woking GU22 7XH
What to donate
Groceries – these are the items we're currently most in need of.
- Cooking oil
- Jars of instant coffee
- Small bags of sugar
- Spreads e.g. marmite, peanut butter
- Condiments e.g. mayonnaise, ketchup
- Snacks e.g. crisps, biscuits, cereal bars
- Individual bags of rice
- Washing powder
Clothing – we're currently accepting these items in new or good second-hand condition.
- Casual trousers e.g. jeans, jogging bottoms (sizes S-M)
- Waterproof jackets, hoodies, warm jumpers (sizes S-M)
- Practical shoes e.g. trainers, boots (sizes 7-10)
- Women's warm jumpers (sizes S-M)
- New boxer shorts (sizes S-M)
- New women's briefs (sizes S-M)
- New women's socks
- New thermals
- Practical belts
Other items – we're also welcoming donations of these other items.
- Sleeping bags – must be weatherproof, have a working zip and compression bag
- Gifts for our clients – please note, any Christmas gifts must be unwrapped
- Vouchers of all kinds e.g. supermarkets, shops, eateries, entertainment
- Tombola, raffle and auction prizes for our fundraising events
What not to donate
Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we currently have enough of the following:
- Tea bags, hot chocolate
- Pulses e.g. lentils, chickpeas
- Baked beans
- Pasta, spaghetti
- Hats, gloves, scarves
- Second-hand bedding, towels
- Sanitary products
While we appreciate all offers of donations, please note that we can’t accept the following:
- Inappropriate clothing e.g. suits, eveningwear
- Poor quality second-hand clothing or shoes
- Second-hand underwear, socks, vests
- Second-hand men's clothing in sizes XL+
- Second-hand women's clothing in sizes 14+
- Hand-knitted items e.g. jumpers, scarves, gloves
- Mattresses, duvets, pillows, blankets, tents
- Furniture incl. beds, white goods/electronics
- Second-hand glassware, crockery, kitchenware
- Children’s clothing, toys, buggies, equipment
- Non-weatherproof or damaged sleeping bags
- Perishable food (unless previously discussed)
- Alcoholic drinks (unless for a fundraising prize)
There are a variety of reasons for this including limited storage, health concerns and fire safety. We therefore really appreciate your understanding when discussing potential in-kind donations.
Let us know if you have a question about donating items such as groceries or clothing.