The in-kind donations we receive from our generous supporters help keep our services running. The easiest way to donate items is to order straight from our Amazon Wish List, which we update regularly to reflect our needs.
We'd like to thank you for thinking of us and are grateful to the community for helping us to help them.
How to donate items
Our needs and what we can take varies depending on time of year and storage available. It’s always a good idea to check our required items list below first to see what’s currently needed and then get in touch to arrange a drop off – especially if it’s a large donation, so we can make sure someone is available to assist you and of course keep to the governments social distancing recommendations.
Updated 23/11/20: The below drop off locations and times may vary.
Always call ahead on 01483 728739 before making plans to drop off any in-kind donations to York Road Project so that a member of the team can best advise. Please be aware that we require any visitor to be wearing a face covering and we encourage use of the anti-bacterial gels that are available as you enter our locations.
Our list of items accepted and not accepted at this time is below, again this varies based on items that have been donated recently. If you have any questions or queries please get in touch.
|HG Wells Conference Centre|
Church St E, Woking GU21 6HJ
*Access via 4th floor footbridge
in Victoria Way carpark
Please call prior
The Prop (Day Centre)30 Goldsworth Road, Woking GU21 6JT
The following places are able to accept food / general hygiene product donations on behalf of York Road Project:
|Nationwide Bank, |
Woking town centre.
|During operational hours ||A basket is inside the branch is available for those wishing to leave donations. |
This is for small items / one of donations of goods. Larger donations should be dropped at: HG Wells conference centre or arranged with York Road Project via: 01483 728739
|Morrisons Store, |
Woking town centre.
|During operational hours||There is a trolly inside the store where you can leave your donations. |
What to donate (Last updated: 23/11/20)
Groceries – these are the items we're currently most in need of.
- Pot noodles / snack pots
- Coffee Sachets
- Small UHT milk pots
- Individually wrapped biscuits and/or snack items
- Fruit, Vegetables and Potatoes
- Meats such as chicken or beef (fresh and must be in date)
- Cooking sauces such as pasta sauce, curry sauces
Clothing – We are currently unable to accept donations of clothing outside of our list below due to our current operational setup through the covid-19 pandemic. If you would like to discuss a donation please contact us on: 01483 728739 in the first instance.
- Mens underwear (Sizes Small & Medium)
- Gloves, Hats and Coats as we are fast approaching the colder, winter weather
Personal Hygiene / Wellbeing - The personal hygiene and well-being of our clients and staff is vital. Please help us with the following items if you can.
- Nail clippers
- Tangle Teezers
For our shelter / move-on accommodation – Where clients are still in support of services from York Road Project:
- Pillows (For hygiene reasons we can only accept new/un open pillows)
We cannot accept any secondhand bedding/linen at this time.
Additional items may be specific to the move-on properties we manage and are listed on our Amazon wish list.
For permanent / new accommodation – Where clients may be moving into a longer-term housing solution and/or where York Road Project may acquire any new properties for move-on use:
- Starter Kits that include (tin opener, potato masher, spoons etc)
- Pots & Pans (in good condition) for clients moving on into permanent accommodation
Again, please check with our team via phone on: 01483 728739 as our needs may change from time to time based on the previous days donations and/or limited storage space.
What not to donate
Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we currently have enough of the following:
- Clothing (other than new underwear or hats, gloves and coats)
- Teabags or Jars of instant coffee
- Pulses e.g. lentils, chickpeas
- Second-hand bedding/linen, towels
- Electrical items
While we appreciate all offers of donations, please note that we can’t accept the following:
- Duvets, Blankets or Pillows
- Inappropriate clothing e.g. suits, evening wear
- Poor quality second-hand clothing or shoes
- Second-hand underwear, socks, vests
- Second-hand men's clothing in sizes XL+
- Second-hand women's clothing in sizes L+
- Hand-knitted items e.g. jumpers, scarves, gloves
- Non-weatherproof or damaged sleeping bags
- Camping Tents or accessories
- Children’s clothing, toys, buggies, equipment
- Alcoholic drinks (unless for a fundraising prize, please call prior to attempting drop off of your donation: 01483 728739)
We may from time to time have a requirement for the following items but please contact us if you have these items to find out if they may be something we could support a client with at that time:
- Furniture incl. beds, white goods/electronics
- Kitchenware or new cutlery
There are a variety of reasons we might have to decline a donation offer, including limited storage space, health concerns and fire safety regulations. We therefore really appreciate your understanding when discussing potential in-kind donations. We will not be able to collect donations so thank you in advance for taking the time to drop them at a location listed above.
Let us know if you have a question about donating items such as groceries or clothing, you can e-mail: [email protected] or call our team on: 01483 728739