How to donate items
As our needs change through the year it’s always a good idea to check our required items list below first to see what’s currently needed but also get in touch to arrange a drop-off and check that nothing has changed.
The below drop off locations and times may vary.
Always call ahead on 01483 728739 before making plans to drop off any in-kind donations to York Road Project so that a member of the team can best advise. Please be aware that we require any visitor to be wearing a face covering and we encourage the use of the anti-bacterial gels that are available as you enter our locations.
|HG Wells Conference Centre|
Church St E, Woking GU21 6HJ
*Access via 4th floor footbridge
in Victoria Way carpark
Please call prior
The Prop (Day Centre)30 Goldsworth Road, Woking GU21 6JT
The following places are able to accept food / general hygiene product donations on behalf of York Road Project:
|Nationwide Bank, |
Woking town centre.
|During operational hours ||A basket is inside the branch is available for those wishing to leave donations. |
This is for small items / one-off donations of goods. Larger donations should be dropped at the HG Wells conference centre or arranged with York Road Project via 01483 728739
|Morrisons Store, Woking town centre.||During operational hours||You can leave your donations in the YRP Trolley just after the tills in the store. Alternatively, any items can also be handed to the customer services desk at the front of the store. We'd kindly ask you to consider the use by / best before dates on any food items left in this location as it may take up to 4 weeks for items donated here to be passed on to us.|
|Co op Store,|
|During operational hours||Members of the CoOperative Membership allowing you to donate every time you shop. More information can be found at: https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/54639|
This store may accept small perishable donations for us from time to time, please check directly with them.
Guide to donating: Breaking it down
(Last updated 10/03/21)
Food & Drink
We provide food and drink to our clients who use our temporary facility at the HG Wells Centre in Woking and adjoining Woking hotel. We also provide occasional parcels that support our clients in each move-on property we manage.
- Sugar Sachets
- Coffee Sachets
- Sweetener Sachets
- Cordials (Orange/Black currant)
- Bottled or Cans of Water.
- Individually wrapped biscuits and/or snack items
- Variety of Crisps
- Fruit, Vegetables and Potatoes (fresh and must be in date)
- Meats such as chicken or beef (fresh and must be in date)
- Cooking sauces such as pasta sauce, curry sauces
- Rice / Pasta
We are currently unable to accept donations of clothing outside of our Amazon wish-list due to our current operational setup at our temporary location. If you would like to discuss a specific donation please contact us on 01483 728739 in the first instance.
Personal Hygiene / Wellbeing
It is vital we all look after our personal hygiene and well-being. Our outreach workers work in a psychologically informed environment where they get to understand the needs of each client, supporting them through a variety of things that may be impacting them and contributing to the reason they are experiencing homelessness and/or rough-sleeping. Our Amazon wish-list has a number of items such as the ones listed below.
- Tangle Teezers
- Deodorant/Body spray
- Health & Well-being:
- Puzzles (complete sets only)
- Art / Craft items: Colouring pens, pencils, sharpeners, rubbers, rulers etc
- Colouring/Design/Drawing books
- Reading books relating to mental health and well-being, see our Amazon-wishlist.
Shelter / Move-on accommodation
Any items that may be required for our shelter / move-on accommodation will be listed on our Amazon wish-list or we will post specific requirements through our social media channels.
Permanent / New accommodation
Alongside the support from our Tenancy sustainment worker, clients moving into longer-term housing may need items to set them on their way. We'll continue to keep you updated via social media but if you feel that you may be able to help us with the below, please get in touch.
- Kitchen starter Kits that include new items such as a tin opener, pots and pans, cutlery etc
- Bathroom starter Kits that include new items such as toothbrush/soap holder, toilet brush, bath/toilet mat etc
- Bedroom starter Kits that include new/unopened bedding, bedside lamp, alarm clock etc
- Cleaning starter Kits that include new/unopened cleaning products, clothes, hoovers/dustpan etc
We'd politely request you call us on 01483 728739 before considering any donation of items that you may be unsure about.
Guide to donating: What not to donate
(Last updated 10/03/21)
There are a variety of reasons we might have to decline a donation offer, including limited storage space, health concerns and fire safety regulations. We therefore really appreciate your understanding when discussing potential in-kind donations.
Items we cannot accept at this time include:
- Duvets, Blankets or Pillows
- Clothing items
- Second-hand underwear, socks, vests
- Second-hand men's clothing in sizes XL+
- Second-hand women's clothing in sizes L+
- Hand-knitted items e.g. jumpers, scarves, gloves
- Non-weatherproof or damaged sleeping bags
- Camping Tents or accessories
- Children’s clothing, toys, buggies, equipment
- Alcoholic drinks (unless for a fundraising prize, please call prior to attempting drop off of your donation: 01483 728739)
- Furniture incl. beds, white goods/electronics
Guide to Donating: Thank you
From us to you, Thank you!
We thank you for your support throughout the year. Your support helps us continue supporting those experiencing homelessness or rough-sleeping.
Let us know if you have a question about donating items such as groceries or clothing, you can e-mail: [email protected] or call our team on 01483 728739