Job Description: Night Shelter Project Worker
Reports to: Accommodation Team leader
Project Workers are the overnight staff team at the night shelter and work in a fast-paced environment.
All shifts are organised on a rota basis covering 365 days of the year.
The night time hours of duty are 5.30pm to 9am.
Sunday and Bank Holiday day shifts are from 9:00 to 5:30pm.
It is expected the Project Worker will be able to sleep between 11pm and 7am.
The role consists of 4 shifts per week to include a Sunday day shift once a month
The Project Worker will at various times undertake all of the tasks and responsibilities detailed below.
- Work in a manner to ensure that the shelter is a welcoming and secure place for clients.
- To be on time and to remain on site during the entire shift.
- Ensure standards are maintained and that clients understand and adhere to their Licence Agreements.
- Ensure correct records are maintained.
- Assess all new clients in a non-judgemental manner whilst ensuring that the criteria set out by the Organisation and the relevant Operational Policies and Procedures are followed.
- Effectively deal with anti-social behaviour Liaise with other agencies locally and nationally as appropriate.
- Assist with the serving of meals, tea and coffee etc.
- Assist in preparing and serving a full roast dinner on Sunday day.
- Organise and assist with the washing and cleaning.
- Be responsible for the security and safety of the building.
- Deal with any other reasonable eventuality as it arises.
- Support clients to pay rent and record appropriately.
- Assist clients to complete Housing Benefit forms. Complete Risk Assessments and Risk Management Plans.
Record notes appropriately.
- Identify and support clients to access appropriate permanent accommodation.
- Ensure that all Organisational Policies and Procedures are followed.
To attend a full team meeting bi-monthly.
- To attend regular supervisions with the Project Manager.
On occasions may need to lone work.
- To undertake any tasks as identified by the Project Manager or Project Director, as and when required, to meet the needs of the Organisation.
- An excellent command of English (oral and written) is essential.
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Fire Safety
- Health and Safety Equal Opportunities Policy
- Confidentially Policy
- GDPR Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Food Hygiene
- Safeguarding and the Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Record all contact with clients electronically in a timely manner ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Recording and securing all paper documentation according to the Data Protection and Confidentiality policy.
- Ensuring that all monies received are recorded and stored securely as per policy.
- Ensuring that all records are completed accurately and on time to meet the needs of the Organisation’s Commissioners.
- The Project worker will be required to undertake internal and external training which may be away from the normal place of work and outside of normal working hours.
Standards to be maintained include:
Apply using the application form, sending it to: Kristina James