Once again this year we are appealing to local families & individuals, businesses, schools, faith and community groups for support in providing essential food and toiletries for rough sleepers and those with us in our temporary accommodation at The HG Wells conference centre and adjoining Woking hotel.
In order for you to understand our organisation, the changes we've implemented due to Covid-19 and the support that we currently require we have created the video above which is available for your use.
We would also be delighted to:
- Join in with your online school, company, faith and community group meetings and/or services.
- Send you a copy of the video above in an .mp4, ready for your use.
- Speak at any assembley, seminar or service in person if deemed appropriate and safe, in line with the social distancing guidelines set out by Public Health England.
We understand that for many holding a central collection for us may be more difficult this year due to social distancing restrictions. Donations can be dropped safely by individuals when pre-arranged by phone or e-mail to:
HG Wells conference centre, Church St East, Woking, GU22 7XX
Tel: (01483) 728739 - E-mail: [email protected]
- Access to HG Wells conference centre is via the 4th floor footbridge within the Victoria Road, car park.
- A standard 10 minutes of free marketing applies in the Victoria Road car park.
- Best drop off time is between 10am and 4pm avoiding staff handovers and meal times but please call prior to your visit.
- We politely ask you use the hand sanitiser provided on your visit and wear a mask and/or face covering in the reception area. Thank you.
As an alternative to putting together the usual hampers of things that we require, we’d be just as grateful if you or your group/organisation donated to our Harvest 2020 fund which will be spent solely on items listed below.
To make a donation to our Harvest 2020 fund please click here.
If you have any questions, queries or requests please e-mail: [email protected]
The current list of items required by York Road Project.
- Fresh fruit, vegetables, potatoes and rice
- Tinned food from soups to baked beans
- Cereals, cereal bars and individually wrapped crisps and snacks
- Long life milk and juices including cordial
- Toiletries such as shaving foam and deodorants
- Hygiene products & PPE items such as gloves and masks
Donating to York Road Project just got easier with our special Text to Donate service:
(See image / instructions below to donate via text message today)
- Simply decide how much you'd like to donate through your phone bill or credit.
- Compose the message: YRPHARVEST + The amount in pounds (eg. YRPHARVEST 5)
- Send it to: 70470*
- Please remember that if you are a UK tax payer, click on the gift-aid link you are sent after you have made your donation. With Gift aid, we will receive an additional 25p to every pound that you have donated.
*As per the image above your text will cost the donation amount plus 1 standard rate message. Service provided by Donr.com, your text donation through this route is a one-off amount that you choose. Thank you for supporting York Road Project's Harvest 2020 Fund.