The 'Big Sleep In' aims to open local dialogue, raising awareness of local challenges for those experiencing homelessness or rough-sleeping, the work that we do to support our clients and also raise the money needed for us to continue our mission to defeat homelessness in the local area.
The 'Big Sleep In' will be streamed via Twitter and Youtube and we'll also be live on Radio Woking via DAB across the area or via Radio Woking online or the app. The Radio Woking take-over is an additional fundraiser where Stephen will produce and present over 12 hours of radio through the night into the following morning. Will he manage to keep awake?
Do you fancy fundraising for York Road Project?
Are you up for a 'Big Sleep In' challenge?
Register to the 'Big Sleep In' today at: bit.ly/BIGSLEEPIN
The 'Big Sleep In' Challenge: We're challenging you to sleep in any room (or your garden) other than a bedroom at home, try sleeping on a roll mat using a sleeping bag or simple blanket and of course make sure you create yourself a fundraising page, setting yourself a fundraising target to see how much you can raise for 'York Road Project'.
To Register or find out more visit: bit.ly/BIGSLEEPIN (Once registered make sure you set yourself up a fundraising page on JustGiving or Facebook).
See the instructions below:
Raffle tickets are now ON SALE for this event. To purchase your raffle ticket/s please visit: bit.ly/BIGSLEEPIN
Registration for the 'Big Sleep In' is only £5 per adult and free for under 18's.
Once registered, simply create your very own fundraising page and see how much you can raise for York Road Project. Registration also allows participation of the Prize Quiz and other activities taking part during the event.
A member of our team will also be live on Radio Woking overnight for a 12+ hour fundraising radio show. More information can be found here.
To create a 'Just Giving' fundraising campaign:
1. Click here and sign in or sign up to Just Giving
2. Create your Just Giving campaign agains the 'Big Sleep In' event which is listed on the Just Giving website.
3. Add your story including the reason why you are taking part in our event.
4. Add a banner / profile photo (images available to download below for your use)
5. Confirm your page and make sure you share it with everyone on your social media channels.
To create a 'Facebook' fundraising campaign:
1. Log into facebook and click to create a post
2. Click "add to your post" or the + and select, 'Raise Money'
3. Search: 'York Road Project' and click the York Road Project profile with the logo as below:
4. Write yourself a post telling people about why you are taking part in the 'Big Sleep In'. Don't forget to mention when it is and provide the link so people can see more information or join you from their homes if they wish: bit.ly/BIGSLEEPIN
5. Click 'POST' and make sure you share the link with everyone.
Don't forget you must register to the challenge at: bit.ly/BIGSLEEPIN if you wish to take part in the Prize Quiz or Activities that are taking place during the 'Big Sleep In' event.
Registered? You are a York Road Project hero!