- About Us
- Our Services
- Getting Help
- Support Us
- Contact Us
Would you like to help those less fortunate than yourself? If so, please read on!
Why Support Us?
Whilst York Road Project is primarily funded with support from Woking Borough Council, Surrey County Council and Housing Benefit, there are many additional items that we wish to purchase to enable clients to access accommodation, training and/or employment.
- Travel costs to access health appointments or assessments.
- Specialist clothing such as work boots to enable clients to access employment.
- Examination fees such as Food hygiene or CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme - this exam has to be passed before an individual can work in the construction industry.
The examples above are just a small list of the things we need additional funding for. If it can be evidenced that there is something that will assist the client to move away from the homelessness cycle, then we will try to source financial assistance.
We understand that in the current economic climate, money is tight for many people, and we are truly grateful for any support, large or small, received from the local community.
How can I donate money?
The easiest way to donate is via the JustGiving link below. This will take you straight to our page on their site and you can be assured that any money given is used to support our clients. You can also send a cheque (made payable to York Road Project) or pop in to the shelter - the team will be only too happy to say hello and have a chat about what is going on. If you wish, we are happy to discuss what you would like to your money to be spent on.
Can I fundraise?
The short answer is Yes Please! You may feel able to fundraise for us at work or school or with a group of friends. Examples of past fundraising events include a cake sale at a local firm and young people offering a car washing service.
If you feel able to fundraise, please feel free to call us to discuss your plans.
Can I make donations of clothing?
* We currently have enough second-hand clothing items, thanks to our kind supporters. *
It's always best to call us on 01483 728739 before dropping off a donation to make sure someone will be available to help you. As we have limited storage space available, we unfortuantely may have to refuse donations on occasion.
Suitable items for donation include:
- Brand new men's underwear (all sizes) and socks
- Men's tracksuit bottoms and hoodies (sizes medium and large)
- Men's jeans and belts
Can I volunteer?
We welcome volunteers and we have a comprehensive volunteer induction pack and aim to use the skills you have. Examples of types of volunteering include:
- Helping in the kitchen preparing meals
- Helping in an advice session with forms etc.
- IT skills
- Leading or being involved in a discussion group
If you are interested in volunteering at the York Road Project please look at our volunteering page.